Recently on my trip around California, we decided to spend 2 nights in Lake Tahoe. The hotel we stayed at was amazing (especially for the price we paid) so I thought I'd do a quick mention of it here. Granted, we stayed during off season, but 2 nights for 3 adults (two queen beds) was only $202.
What I loved:
- Heated outdoor pool and huge hot tub.
- Free smores every evening to cook by the fire.
- Malin & Goez toiletries (I'm told these are very swanky).
- Free breakfast which included Stumptown drip coffee and a waffle maker.
- Stumptown coffee available to buy.
- Apple TV.
- 3-5 minute walk to the town centre.
All of those combined made the stay one of, if not the best during my time in the US.
The staff are excellent too. I even have one of the hotel employees as a friend on Facebook, and he's planning to come to Ireland to watch a hurling game!
Lake Tahoe itself is stunning as well, and I highly recommend renting a boat if you can (about $90/hr including taxes and fuel). Worth every penny!
How to book
Subscribe to Travel Hack Club
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox